Warning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/denverra/public_html/newforum/header.php on line 583
Comments & Rumors - Powered by XMB
Comments & Rumors
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: New KOA traffic reporter?
Bestof7

Mood: lazy

[*] posted on 5-25-2009 at 10:43 AM
New KOA traffic reporter?

Was listening to Colorado's Morning News this AM, and heard Vicky (sp?) Evans doing traffic reports.

Anyone know if this is a permanent hire, or an audition?
Joshua

[*] posted on 5-25-2009 at 10:24 PM

I still miss Amelia. With the turn around in the media as of late, Denver seems to be more of a stepping stone market then a destination as of late.
USE2BU

Mood: Clairvoyant

[*] posted on 5-26-2009 at 04:07 AM

Vicky Evans is the former Miss. Vicky from the 92.5 The Wolf Morning Show. She's good and she's cute.
The Little Guy

[*] posted on 5-26-2009 at 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by USE2BU
Vicky Evans is the former Miss. Vicky from the 92.5 The Wolf Morning Show. She's good and she's cute.

Ah, Miss. Vicky. Last I heard her was in her part time KYGO gig. They were stupid to let her get away. Good hire for KOA.
BR 1994NYR

[*] posted on 5-26-2009 at 01:49 PM

Last I heard of Miss Vicky she was married then divorced from Tiny Tim!
Boondocker
Administrator

Mood: Go Tigers! Go Redbirds!

[*] posted on 5-26-2009 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BR 1994NYR
Last I heard of Miss Vicky she was married then divorced from Tiny Tim!

This Vicky's flying above the tulips, Bill, not tip-toeing through them! ;)
Joshua

[*] posted on 5-26-2009 at 04:47 PM

Miss Vicky still is on KYGO part time. She is just ok on KYGO, she misses allot of liners, for the Amber Alert the other night she gave tried to give the Amber Alert leading into a song and the song started and she stopped at only giving a description of the child, no description of the suspects, what car they could be driving, etc; nor did she re-read the Amber Alert in full anytime after that. I'm not Mr. Radio myself but I think she's a little green yet, I still like Michael Collins and Blake Powers on KYGO, they are seasoned radio vets, and rarely make an obvious enough mistake that an average listener would catch. If I were KYGO I would have Monica Turner who does over nights do the weekend day parts and put Miss Vicky on weekend overnights, but then again I'm not Joel Burke, so what I just typed is nothing more then my opinion.
The Little Guy

[*] posted on 5-26-2009 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joshua
Miss Vicky still is on KYGO part time. She is just ok on KYGO, she misses allot of liners, for the Amber Alert the other night she gave tried to give the Amber Alert leading into a song and the song started and she stopped at only giving a description of the child, no description of the suspects, what car they could be driving, etc; nor did she re-read the Amber Alert in full anytime after that. I'm not Mr. Radio myself but I think she's a little green yet, I still like Michael Collins and Blake Powers on KYGO, they are seasoned radio vets, and rarely make an obvious enough mistake that an average listener would catch. If I were KYGO I would have Monica Turner who does over nights do the weekend day parts and put Miss Vicky on weekend overnights, but then again I'm not Joel Burke, so what I just typed is nothing more then my opinion.

I must have heard her on a good shift or two. I like her voice, and she seems pretty sharp. She's certainly green compared to Collins & Powers.

Go To Top